Wednesday, August 17, 2011

S.O.S.

Picture courtesy of:
http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20091127/
handbrake-logo.png

 
Handbrake: ever heard of it? It's a program designed for Mac and Windows to convert DVDs into an iTunes compatible formats. I've heard from lots of people that it has worked wonders for them and so I started using it with high hopes. However, I came out of it with my dreams shattered. I was impressed that it actually was able to convert my whole DVD onto the computer (most of the programs that I had previously tried had yet to do so). I was not so impressed with the quality of video that came from it. It was practically unwatchable; the picture looked like an unfinished jigsaw puzzle and the sound was very very choppy. If I hadn't already watched those movies, I'm pretty sure that I would have had no idea what was going on. Even then, I tried going on YouTube to try out different setting but nothing has worked yet. So, my advice to you: unless you have a sure fire way of using Handbrake and would like to enlighten me, hold off until I can find a way that works better...

No comments:

Post a Comment